The ambition of Amelia Green
We have always been convinced of one thing: aviation generates dreams.
- Flying opens the mind: discovering other cultures to get away from it all,
- Flying brings people together: joining family members who have gone to the other side of the world,
- Flying creates economic bridges: developing one’s commercial activity by having access to a global market,
- Flying makes people dream: because flying is simply synonymous with freedom.
Flying is a creator of dreams, but like any other industry, its development impacts the environment. More and more, air travel is being criticized for its – real – impact on the planet. How can we succeed in allowing future generations to live the dream of travelling, without damaging the planet they wish to discover?
Engineers around the world have been working for years – decades, even – to improve flight performance. The industry has been investing huge amounts of money to improve since the beginning and has already made huge progress. A new generation of aircraft is on average 25% more efficient in terms of CO2 emissions than the previous one.
In addition to the evolution of existing technologies, breakthrough innovations are progressing at great speed worldwide. From optimising flight paths to electric propulsion, fuel cells, hybrid engines, etc. The solution for a decarbonised aviation will not be a single one, but a patchwork of complementary innovations. Flying green will be possible, but the creators of this new world need help and time.
The role of the airlines is therefore to support these innovations and to be involved in this green revolution in a sustainable way. Beyond ordering the new generations of aircraft, which is a necessary but not sufficient step, we must take our responsibilities and commit ourselves to participate not in the evolution of our industry, but in its revolution.
We have therefore decided to launch an internal project, ‘Amelia Green‘. We propose to make ourselves available to all structures (manufacturers, engine manufacturers, equipment suppliers, initiatives, startups, universities, etc.) to help them build the low-carbon aviation of tomorrow. We want to help them understand the needs of their future customers, especially in regional transport, test innovations and adopt them.
Amelia is an airline positioned in the regional aviation sector. As innovations in aviation develop incrementally, this is the first sub-sector of scheduled aviation that will be able to benefit on a large scale and on all fronts.
- Data: optimising the existing operational tool with an intelligent use of all the data we collect (better flight paths in particular)
- Sustainable Aviation Fuel: SAF is a cleaner substitute for fossil fuels. Rather than being refined from oil, SAF is produced from more sustainable resources such as cooking oils, agricultural residues or non-fossil CO2. FAS has similar properties to conventional fuel, but its carbon footprint is significantly lower. Depending on the raw materials and technologies used to produce it, FAS can significantly reduce CO2 emissions compared to conventional fuel.
- Technological breakthroughs: electric aircraft, hydrogen (fuel cell, propulsion), hybrids, etc.
Amelia is a company that wants to be agile, human-sized and that does its best to keep its entrepreneurial spirit. We are keen to be an early tester and, ultimately, an early adopter of the aviation of tomorrow.
We will soon be announcing the first projects we are working on and we are already making ourselves available to those who want to co-create the future of our industry to move forward together.